Hey Bill

So I was thinking about making the coupler kits once the Mopar ones dried up. I had a dozen columns and couplers of various years. So I pulled them all apart. Even bought a press to push the pin outta the shaft. Bought some EXPENSIVE name brand micromerters and inside micromerters.

What I found out over the dozen couplers I pulled apart was that all were within like +/- .0003", THREE TENTHS! Same as the 40 NEW Mopar kits I had at the time.

Other thing I relized is I'd have to find a damn good company to be able to make the pin that goes in the shaft to +/-.0001" Then be able to bore/broach the hole in the "shoes" +/- .0001 I didn't want to go down that road.

I'd bet most couplers (all the ones I had) would just need a good cleaning and filled with grease (why didn't Mopar add a zerk fitting?).

I measured the Dorman parts and they were sloppier than any old 60's coupler parts I had by a factor of 10 or worse. Just toltal garbage. Even the spring that spreads the shoes didn't fit THIER shoes. ZERO quality control.

Scammers are selling Dorman pieces a "genuine" Mopar pieces on Ebay. All the Mopar kits are GONE or for sale for a BUNCH of $.

Mopar Coupler Rebuild Kit On Ebay

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets