i have sold a ton of "stuff" on the bag over the years, things that you would think nobody in their right mind would want, or be searching for.
now with that said, i just occasionally buy, and i haven't sold anything for many years.
when buying items, it often times pays to research the item you are interested in from different sources such as amazon or the manufacturer/marketer of the item at hand. many times the bag is much higher, even with free shipping, than the other sources are. that includes paying for shipping from the others.
toward the end of my selling days, i started to offer free shipping, and that required realistically researching shipping costs and methods.
with all the fees and now taxes collected, plus the 1099's sent just because i lost money on big items just to get rid of them, i believe my selling days on the bag are over.
this area is rather rural, and considered repressed, [i think that's the fancy word for "somewhat poor"] so selling on craig's list, or market place, plus a couple of local buy/sell marketing sites, travel is almost guaranteed to be part of the deal. and it seems most buyers are too lazy to come look at what you are offering, so that means more work for you, taking pictures, etc. then, after all that work on your end, the prospective buyer says : "well, er, um, i guess i'm not interested.".............
as others have said, unless you know someone, meeting at the local truck stops or convenience stores is the only [somewhat] safe place[s] to finalize the deal.
and that is after you weed through the "do you still have it" and "will you trade for my broken lawnmower" goofballs.......... mad
beer