Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by Mastershake340
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by moparx
"Do keep in mind, along with age comes wisdom".......................

then please explain why the older i get, the dumber i find out i really am............. laugh2
beer
laugh

This quote has already been posted on the forum I do believe but is worth another posting

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years".

-Mark Twain

Some of the greatest philosophers in history like Confucius, Socrates and Ben Franklin made statements to the affect that a truly wise person is not wise because of how much he knows, but because of how much he realizes he doesn’t know.
Or as I have told myself for some time, the older I get the more I find I don’t know. help
By those definitions there are not too very many wise people in our civilization, as almost everyone I know claims to know everything!
At any rate, whether in people, entertainment or in product quality, there does seem to be a race to the bottom happening that accelerates every year.

as to the mark twain quote, he is spot on !
as the older we got, i realized the old man was way smarter than i gave him credit for !
as he was so fond of saying when i would be driving a nail, miss and hit my thumb, thereby creating "new words" : "huh ! i didn't feel a thing !" biggrin
beer
laugh So true. They taught us well! One of my dad's favorite things to say to us kids when we weren't doing enough around the house; "This isn't a Hotel you know"!

Facts are stubborn things.