My weekend was fun. Great to see a lot of people that I missed last year. Weather was a challenge with varying wind speed, and direction. Not to mention D/A up to 4300+. Car was very good. Slowed it to run 9.25. Took quite a bit of ballast. Last two qualifiers we went 9.256, 9.255. The 60 ft grouping with ballast over 7 runs Saturday and Sunday varied best to worst by .011. And that is foot braking with no rpm chip. The driver R/T wasn't as good. After 7 passes with the exception of a ok .031 I was stuck between .043 -.055. 1st rd was .021 had the guy by a bunch and lifted. My prediction was off by about .025. Looked like we had a 4-6 mph direct head win for a 13 minute period during that run time. Rd 2 I built in .015 for wind. By looking at data this time the head gusts stopped about 2 minutes before the run. Car ran 9.234. Unfortunately the driver was -.003. Track prep was good. Event ran in a timely manner. What didn't I like? Friday $40 6 pm - 10 pm T&T the guy says 3 runs only. I ask why ? He says to many cars. But wait. We have time to add an unscheduled gamblers race for another $50. Can I test during the gamblers? No. Then the next day I'm told that there was testing. The 2nd item is one race over a weekend. 180 miles one way for one race at $150 + $50 for Saturdays gambler +40 for Friday. Vs payout. Not the best value.
Doug

Last edited by dvw; 07/25/22 02:04 PM.