Originally Posted by moparjoe360.4
Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
I had my revlimiter set at 6300, plan to bump that to 6500 or high next time out, it was either starting to bounce off of it or float valves around the 1000-1100 ft mark.

If it’s some type of hyd cam, it’s certainly possible(and not uncommon) to experience valvetrain control issues before ever getting to 6300.

I usually sneak up on the rpm on the dyno to see if I can determine where the problem starts........ then you know.

It’s a .508/292 Mopar purpleshaft cam,with Smith Bros push rods, Harland Sharp 1.5 rockers, I feel like the week point might be the valve springs themselves, it has whatever Areohead (Indy cyl head) installed on them, they were supposed to be good to .509 lift. We were only pulling it to 6000rpm on the dyno and never went past that.

You don’t need to go past 6k with a stroker like yours to get it to ET extremely well.
I shifted my stock stroke 360 at 6k, it went 11.20’s. My stroker has been 10.68 now, at 3350 pounds, I shift it at 6300, if I shifted it at 6 it wouldn’t slow down much at all.
I didn’t see what heads you are using, what are they?
The convertor is most definitely a liability regards making more optimal ET
Switching to 4.10gears from 4.30’s would be a waste of time. It’s about 250 rpm at the stripe difference. And ( assuming it doesn’t hook, it probably does) it very likely wouldn’t hook with 4.10’s either
That dyno number is enough to run close to a second quicker than you are.
Post exactly the entire combo, would enjoy looking at it and making recommendations
Pretty car, btw

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17