Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Riding the brakes to control vehicle speed because the engine idle speed was too high? This is first order stupidity. It only turned one problem into two problems that then ended in three problems. If they had stopped and fixed the first problem, none of this would have happened.

NAILED IT!!!! Fix the sticky throttle realcrazy rolleyes or maybe use neutral a bit more instead of the brakes. this almost qualifies for a Darwin award nomination twocents [/quote]

I agree! The way he seemed to be stabbing the brake pedal made me think the pedal was going to the floor like a line broke or something failed causing brake fluid loss. The driver's action makes no sense to continue to ride the brakes while the car is pulling instead of throwing it in neutral and then applying the brakes when needing to slow down or stop. Also, heat related brake failure in my experience usually doesn't occur catastrophically. It usually happens where the brakes lose their effectiveness over time, and it gives the driver plenty of warning before complete failure. The driver was not a young guy and you would think he had enough experience not to continue to ride the brakes with a sticking throttle. Apparently not.