Originally Posted by poorboy
Yea, but wait until that EV battery dies. I understand the life expectancy is in the 5 to 8 year range.

There is no way to recycle them, and its nearly 1/2 the cost of the vehicle to replace the battery. I saw a new coverage that just outside Paris, there is a parking lot with over 100 5-6 year old city EV parked with dead batteries. They can't even scrap the cars because of the batteries, so they are just parking them in that parking lot just outside of town. The numbers keep growing.

Yes! A new green world, for now.

This is incorrect on both accounts. Battery life is definitely greater than 5-8yrs, and there are already companies that recycle ev batteries back into pure raw material for reuse. The secondary supportive industries will grow. I'd imagine folks in the early 1900s had concerns with the Ford Quadricycle that were addressed just the same. Quick Google search says Prius batteries are $2200-$4k to replace...how much is it to swap in a new gas motor to an average vehicle? Probably about the same.

Last edited by A39Coronet; 07/06/22 09:53 PM.

Follow my G3 Hemi Barracuda build on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSDAWczXoZw&list=PLTus_wQu8POADHEeJNJp2nr4NMHEyB9EK

2015 Tri-State Stock Super Stock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar No Box Winner