In1969 I bought a 1968 barracuda convertible 340 formula S automatic. A good friend of mine said we should go see Carlon Hine about building the engine for drag racing for fun. So we met Carlon late that summer and he made a few suggestions. The car turned mid-14's from the factory. I installed headers and better tires and dropped to the low 14's running J-stock.The following summer we took my engine up to Hine Motors and Carlon installed a mild cam. We dropped to the high 13's running H-stock. The muscle car bug bit me so I installed quite a few power boosting options and hit high 12's in SS-H. At one meet I saw Carlon and asked him to run the car for a pass to figure out a problem. He returned and said my points were floating right before I would shift. So over the winter I truly went radical running E/MP. Larry Atherton was running on the National record at 10.46 in a 340 Duster in California, so I called him to ask a few questions. He devised a cross-over oil system for the 340 which boosted the pressure significantly, allowing me to shift at a much higher rpm. I called Carlon and told him about it, and his simple comment was "Oil pressure is the most critical component in racing". There were too many modifications i made to mention here, but my best back to back times were: 11.88-11.98-12.02. Honkin Hemi was running low tens or better, and on a few occasions I'd get a thumbs up with a smile from a true racing veteran & legend who took time to teach an 18-19 year young Country Boy a little about drag racing. I'll be forever grateful to Carlon for his kindness, and to my dear friend Jerry Coleman for introducing me to Carlon and for supporting me in my racing endeavors. We have breakfast monthly and reminisce about those great muscle car days. Thats what I know about Carlon Hine and Honkin Hemi.