Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
[spoiler][/spoiler]Why flow numbers mean as much as dyno numbers. Most high end head porters care way more about cross section and port CC than a flow number. Its usually the customers pushing for that number because they read it on the interwebs.

A dyno is just a tool. I now guys that will wear there junk out on the dyno and just toss it in the car and expect a miracle to occur. Been pretty rare that a great tune on the dyno was what the car wanted on the track.

As for Hardcores engine on an honest dyno I would say its a 700ish HP piece. But it was also not in the car long enough to be fully sorted out. But MPH tells the tale whether ET does or not. But that same engine on other dynos could make 800, its a tool not a be all end all.

Yes, it'd 'showed' low-mid 7xx. That was my point, like most other combo's, they are unsorted as far as adjusting in the car. On the dyno, I'm pretty sure it'd dyno better than it showed. Which is for the few in here that wonder if it has been/can be done. To better show, with an example, of what it took to get better numbers out of similar 'core' parts. Among other places, I have learned from here what goes with what. And it's caused many delays in WHEN I finally decided to 'commission' what i wanted mostly because, I didn't want something 'common'. But there are probably many here that wouldn't stack the same parts together.