Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

You dyno and horsepower guys kill me. Lol. Get the damn thing to the race track and put in some work. My little 422 with a solid lifter cam has gone a best of 5.98 and a boat-load of low 6.00’s. Not at some coastal super track either. Off the shelf pistons, no vacuum pump, no special ring packs, and a bracket sized tire 4 inches bigger than needed. Sure it’s 2880 pounds but yours could be too.

John, i think you missed a point. To meet both goals, pumpgas and season long reliability in a bigblock, it can be done, but will push stock blocks hard to achieve it. I want to hear Dragula won a season championship in shat air, run 5.900 in doing so and only had to change oil and check lash for the next season. That takes a pretty conservative, large motor to do. So that is my thoughts on how to get there based on experiance. The low stress is key, and allows money to be spent on a good base, like an aluminum block. With a combo like that, a data base for racing can get real long and accurate, unlike my last fifteen years of chasing ets.

Last edited by gregsdart; 04/23/22 07:59 PM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky