Originally Posted by Alan Prusiensky
Hi guys I been busy with customers engines at my shop. I have been working on my engine also. I don't have a sponsor so I sat Vegas out. it cost a lot to race so I will sit a few out this year witch might be a good thing. We left the truck in Florida after Gainesville to test and get a friend of mine his license in the back up car. Unfortunately I had a stomach bug and didn't get a lot of runs on my car. I was trying to work on getting the car to go straighter down track. I been struggling with that this year. I felt we left Florida maybe 1 hundred faster than we ran in Phoenix. We ran really good in Phoenix and I left a good amount on table. I just hope we build on that thanks everyone for keeping a eye on me.
I just got a few things to say about the hemi it is better than any Chevy pro stock engine. In Phoenix Q3 I ran 57 thousands off the fastest car 1 mph off. What I spend for the season is probably what the other teams spend on one race. I haven't bought a manifold in 5 years. I know for a fact they spend a ton of money on manifolds. I work on customers engines all week to make money to race. I hate the talk that a hemi can't run under 10500. I ran more speed than Greg Anderson in Phoenix with a 12 year old car.
I'm sure not many of you guys have heard of a AVL box it cost over a 100k and elite an KB have it. What it dose is track's cylinder pressure in the motor going down the track in every gear. I have seen some programs you might need 20 degrees of timing in cylinder 1 @ 9000 and 40 degrees @ 9600 and something else in all the other cylinders. This is what you are up against. I'm not complaining it's just a fact of professional racing. Money always wins but I can get closer and I will.

I am familiar with the AVL and Kistler pressure transducers and signal conditioners. For a long time I had worked at one of the worlds state of the art motoring dyno and emissions stations for large diesel engines. Of course I only worked with the equipment and never purchased it but I bet it cost some money. From what I remember, its not just the physical pressure transducers and signal conditioners that cost a lot of money its the high speed encoder based data acquisition system required to handle it. I can tell you that I have learned a lot observing that type of data. We also monitored valve motion and other various pressures in the system and occasionally high speed photography like spintron type stuff but on running engines under load.

In any case good luck and keep at it.
Allan G.

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.