Originally Posted by Dart 500
Originally Posted by wingman
NFTs are a scam to get people to buy cryptocurrency (another scam).

I actually watched some of that Youtube video. Here's the summary for those who didn't click on it:

First 5 seconds: "I'm going to explain in very basic terms."
The rest of the video": 8 minutes of dazzling pseudo-technobabble designed to suck you in.

You say bitcoin is a scam? How about the USD that has lost 99.5% of its value in the last 80 years - that is the scam my friend. Bitcoin is trading at around $45K per coin right now and in coming weeks will be given the green light by regulators and then every Tom, Dick and Harry will be buying it. Every bank, fund, investment group, country, it'll be in the S&P 500. We'll see what you think of it then when it hits 1 million and beyond per coin. Quote me on that.

Every Ponzi scheme in history was "valuable" and "popular" at some point, too. That's how they work. Until the wheels fall off.

Popularity and selling price doesn't mean it's not a scam.

I love how one of the main selling points is that it is "decentralized" and not regulated by "authoritative dictatorships." Then all the fraud comes to light and the NFT fanboys say "the problem is that it's not regulated enough." grin

1969 Dodge Coronet Super Bee 383 A4
1970 Plymouth Road Runner 440 FC7 (sold)