Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by bigdad
I've had both but, we do a lot of night racing here and after , we just hang around so , I sleep in trailer .. too old to sleep in pickup .. I just sold my nice open I had built , tried that again for 3 years

While the open trailer is nice for nostalgia reasons, the enclosed far out weighs those. My enclosed trailer is my garage on wheels. Get home late at night? No worries. No need to unload anything. Just lock it up. Full weekend at the track? Plenty of space in front of the car to throw down a cot, and sleep. I like having my stuff locked up, and secured. Rain delay? Car is inside, and not getting wet.

iagree While I do kinda miss "showing off" the car going down the highway on an open trailer, I love my enclosed. I take so much crap w/ me to the track (tools, fuel, nitrous bottles, etc.) that an open trailer became a pain. Throwing everything in the back of the truck...then worry about rain, etc.

I dont take a lot of stuff. What i do take goes in the truck. If it breaks, it gets fixed back home so don't bring lots of parts. As far as rain, yep been caught in that before, but its very seldom. I don't race when its gonna rain, but sometimes you get a nasty surprise. Rain doesn't hurt anything.

I own a business, so when i am done racing, i unload the car(5 minutes max) and put car away at work, and then upload the golf car too. Another 5 minutes. Often, i keep the trailer hooked up to a truck until next time. Drive my daily driver home.
I have this deal all figured out, my health limitations require thinking about such things. I doubt very seriously i could crawl underneath my car in an enclosed trailer to manage the tow straps. No thanks.

Most of my racing is 30 minutes away, so my needs are likely different than many who travel longer distances to race. I do generally take a portable shelter to put up for shade, sometimes use it sometimes dont.
The other races i attend out of state its always with friends and amongst friends ay Mopar events, so security is never an issue
I like being able to go home if its multiple day race locally. And if i need anything i didnt bring, i can get it next morning before racing starts on my way back to the track.
My open trailer has zero to do with nostalgia or financial reasons. Its simply the best option for me personally being able to load, unload it by myself, without help, or crawling around at my age. The tilt deck is super. Wastes less gas, and any 1/2 ton can pull it and the car/ golf cart

Last edited by B3422W5; 03/22/22 11:23 PM.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17