Moparts

The search for a enclosed trailer

Posted By: bigdad

The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/08/21 07:40 PM

Looks to be a tough one , more or less .. I have not found anything like i might even consider to own in stock anywhere and if you call them about ordering one, they all say .. 6-8 months and we won't do anything custom ( even though the websites all say ,custom orders welcome )

Couple guys told me straight up, if its not a $50,000 trailer , we don't even mess with them any more .. times are good for trailer dealer I guess
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/08/21 07:46 PM

Check with Butch at B&l trailer. He is a racer, and knows his stuff.
763-631-9226

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/08/21 07:54 PM

let message for him to call me .. Thank you
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/08/21 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by bigdad
let message for him to call me .. Thank you

How many foot trailer you looking for.
Buddy of mine owns a trailer sales place. He has three 24 footers enclosed in stock. One is 7750. Other two are 7995. They are all new.
I had him build me a custom tilt deck open trailer with fixed golf cart deck trailer this time last year. Love it
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/08/21 08:08 PM

Trailers are crazy right now. Covid... Manufacturers can't get enough help, or supplies. If they can get supplies, prices on it have doubled.

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/08/21 08:19 PM

I don't want one of the lower end V-nose ones .. 26 foot would fit my needs fine , 7000 lb axles .. not a really fancy trailer but not a pos either -- my last one was 30 , I don't need that big of a trailer --Measured out my car .. its 16 ' 8 " bumper to bumper ..

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/08/21 08:40 PM

I don't want one of the lower end V-nose ones .. 26 foot would fit my needs fine , 7000 lb axles .. not a really fancy trailer but not a pos either -- my last one was 30 , I don't need that big of a trailer --Measured out my car .. its 16 ' 8 " bumper to bumper ..

No golf cart or pit bike? My 28' is full with my Road Runner, and a golf cart.

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/08/21 09:21 PM

I walk , need to walk more to be honest
Posted By: cudatom

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/08/21 10:24 PM

The prices for trailers are just stupid anymore. Was going to sell my 24' Bracket Master trailer I got from Bruce Litton in 2002. It was $6700 back then Then I saw that a new one would be 15-20k. I decided to spruce mine up. Lol
Posted By: Dragula

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/08/21 11:36 PM

I like these guys....
https://www.trailerenterprises.com/inventory/page-1?sort=Price&descending=true&leadsource=Showroom%7ctrailer_enterprises_inc
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/09/21 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX

No golf cart or pit bike? My 28' is full with my Road Runner, and a golf cart.

28’ leaves me enough room to sleep between the cart and the car smile
Posted By: Since1822

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/09/21 01:38 AM

I ordered a flat nose 24' from Proline in VA a few weeks ago. At the time they said they had a couple in production, so I gave them a deposit to put my name on one. He said that if I didn't do that, it could be more than 12 weeks to get one. Hoping to get a call sooner than later to go and pick it up. Searched hard for a used one, but the prices are insane. He did say last week that they got a black v nose 24' in that was for sale, but likely gone already. The prices are good if you are willing to take a ride. Ask manufacturer that you decide on what the on center is for the framing, cheaper ones are 24" on center with the better ones 16". Good luck!
Posted By: gtscrose

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/09/21 01:46 AM

We were searching for a good used trailer also and ended up buying a new one from WacoBill trailers in Dallas.
He did have several in stock when we bought ours around January 5th
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/09/21 01:53 AM

One of the local N.W. racers I know bought a used goose neck race trailer from a roundy round racer forum, that guy had got a sponsor who wanted him to have a bigger truck and trailer so he could ride in style as his sponsor to the races up
I wish I had one like that, I'm not holding my breath whistling
Posted By: fastmark

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/09/21 02:27 AM

Ok, I have to ask a what’s it worth question here. I’ve got a 38’ Pace Shadow that was not a cheap trailer when I bought it. I had all kinds of extras. Cabinets, white metal inside, black and white floors, ac and 50 amp service, generator door electric over hydraulic jack, two 7000 axles with 16” tires. It’s been stored inside since day one. I don’t thinks it’s ever been wet from the rain. What is it worth? Right now it’s a storage bin for my sisters furniture.
Posted By: BANDIT

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/09/21 02:28 AM

I just bought a 48 ft 5th wheel, and decided to sell one of my 28 footers, boy, I shoulda asked way more. It sold right away, and Im out in the middle of nowhere, guy was very willing to travel. Oddest part was that I had been looking for a bigger trailer for a few months, and ended up finding this one 6 miles from my house! Sometimes it pays to advertise locally for one. Jim.
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/09/21 02:47 AM

I know it's not quite near you, but LB Trailers in Elgin, Al, keeps race trailers in stock. Looks like they got a few 28' Continental Cargo trailers listed in stock. Good people to work with. Their web site list "in stock" trailers w/ pictures & price.

Brian
Posted By: jwb123

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/09/21 02:22 PM

Check out Randy Cape at https://www.flyingamotorsports.com/default.asp?page=xAllInventory
He is in mid Missouri, might be a trip for you but I have purchased two trailers from Randy, both were top notch. Looks like he has several 24 and 28 foot trailers in stock.
Posted By: XXHEMI

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/09/21 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by fastmark
Ok, I have to ask a what’s it worth question here. I’ve got a 38’ Pace Shadow that was not a cheap trailer when I bought it. I had all kinds of extras. Cabinets, white metal inside, black and white floors, ac and 50 amp service, generator door electric over hydraulic jack, two 7000 axles with 16” tires. It’s been stored inside since day one. I don’t thinks it’s ever been wet from the rain. What is it worth? Right now it’s a storage bin for my sisters furniture.

If it's in really good condition being it was inside and not abused?

You might get 85% of what you paid for it? They are not getting any cheaper!
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/09/21 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by jwb123
Check out Randy Cape at https://www.flyingamotorsports.com/default.asp?page=xAllInventory
He is in mid Missouri, might be a trip for you but I have purchased two trailers from Randy, both were top notch. Looks like he has several 24 and 28 foot trailers in stock.
I would recommend them also. I bought a trailer from them quite a while ago and have been by their place since.

You might also check with Rich at R&M Race Trailers (https://www.rmtrailer.com/).

They are in Cushing OK and folks come from all over the country to buy trailers from him.

I am sure it is a real buyer beware deal but I see quite a few trailers for sale on Facebook Marketplace.
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/09/21 05:14 PM

After reading these posts it looks like I made a good financial decision when I bought mine back in May..usually I don't.
Posted By: 69dart

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/09/21 06:49 PM

Same goes for open trailers.

I was kicking around the idea of picking an open trailer but they are running $5k now.

I found the receipt for my old one which was $1200 in 2002 blush

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/09/21 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by 69dart
Same goes for open trailers.

I was kicking around the idea of picking an open trailer but they are running $5k now.

I found the receipt for my old one which was $1200 in 2002 blush

Not sure where you are looking but they are under 3 grand around here for an 18 foot steel deck deluxe trailer with sealed lighting, etc., slide out ramps.

I had a one off custom open trailer built for me this time last year. 23 foot, steel deck, split tilt deck, with fixed deck on the front( and ramps) to load my golf cart separately.
That even included sweet mag wheels for it. Paid only 5 for it.
Posted By: Since1822

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/09/21 07:24 PM

Since I ordered mine about a month ago and locked in the price, they have gone up nearly $1600. Just received an email from the company salesman telling me that I was lucky to have ordered it back then. Crazy.

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/09/21 11:59 PM

Did some searching and it looks like my old “value menu” Cargo Mate will take me to the end of my racing hobby
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/10/21 01:09 AM

I almost bought last year. Unlike some of you guys, I’m glad that I didn’t. There isn’t crap on the schedule for my local track, and there are rumors it might close for good.

Check out this crap! “Drive in Drag?” [censored]? Really???

https://racewildhorse.com/events/

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/10/21 04:11 AM

Trailer would be better for those trips to Tucson
Posted By: fastmark

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/10/21 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by XXHEMI
Originally Posted by fastmark

If it's in really good condition being it was inside and not abused?

You might get 85% of what you paid for it? They are not getting any cheaper!

Yes it’s nice. I bought it from Cape at Flying A. It’s an 2006, I think, I bet it does not have 2500 miles. I gave 20,000 for it in 06.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 02/11/21 02:13 PM

I can tell you I was contacted by the dealer I bought mine from last year wanting to know if I would sell it. I asked him if he had anything to replace it and of course the answer was no, so I clearly passed. He did offer full price for it though. I looked at a 30' Gold Rush trailer this past Monday. Was in good shape for a 20 year old unit. I was looking to buy the entire operation, car, trailer, spares from a racer who recently passed when his family told me they already had an offer for $18K for the empty trailer.

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/17/22 08:12 PM

another year of searching and the results are the same .. no trailers to buy
Posted By: AndyF

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/17/22 10:46 PM

One of the guys I help with tunes just bought a big double deck, triple axle stacker trailer. I didn't take a picture but the thing is huge. I assumed he bought it so he could take both race cars to the track but he bought it so he could haul his golf cart to the track with the car. I'd be scared to tow this trailer. It is so big I'm sure I'd wipe out tons of stuff just trying to park it.
Posted By: markz528

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/17/22 10:54 PM

Well I decided I needed a 16 foot utility/landscape trailer for my new place. Ordered a new one today for $3340 with everything I wanted. Should be ready for pickup on April 1. Decent used ones around here are $3000. I am not complaining..........
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/17/22 11:36 PM

Picked up this 2015 20’ Forrest River/Cargo Mate with 9k winch in excellent condition for $4500 2 months ago.

Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/17/22 11:55 PM

I am lucky I found a good deal on 20' all aluminum Featherlite a few months before everything went crazy never had a car in it just motorcycles and pipe,A couple dings and scratches nothing major $6500. Also found a top of the line ATC 22' that was a mobile clothing store. It was really nice with bathroom, generator, all aluminum for $2k or $3k more. It had one minor drawback ......generator placement was not ideal. Should of bought both.

Attached picture atc rear.jpg
Posted By: Dragula

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/18/22 12:17 AM

I am browsing for a 24ft right now...
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/18/22 01:01 AM

I have a 28'. Anything less would not be enough for me.
Posted By: blue_stocker

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/18/22 04:18 AM

I bought a new 24' Interstate Loadrunner with the 7' headroom for my move from Calif to Tennessee, not quite 2 years ago, used for the 2400 mile trek here and only for furniture. I was thinking about selling it about a year ago listed it for 12.5K with a new 9000 winch and some added small d-rings for strapping dressers and Dad's Grandfather clock. I had a fella ask if it was available so I checked out the Trailers Plus sites in Tennessee and went into shock as the same trailer is going for $16-18K! I was seriously considering buying a 20' open for hauling the car and materials when I needed for the shop but I'm thinking it might be best to hang onto it now.

Attached picture 20201008_152258.jpg

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/18/22 03:01 PM

I finally found one today .. fairly close , bit more than I wanted but, it will work
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/19/22 01:16 PM

I have a 2001 Haulmark its been a good trailer with very few problems, it just looks bad as the paint is badly faded despite waxing, rubbing out etc. the rest of the trailer including the interior is in good shape. I paid $5200 for it back in 2001 I ordered it and picked to up at their factory in Pa. I asked a few Haulmark dealers about a new one : about double the price , ( they couldn't give me a set price ) and its a 6 month to a year wait. I see somebody mentioned Pro Line trailers I would be interested in hearing some feed back on them as they seem reasonably priced.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/19/22 03:21 PM

I have a 1991 24’ Transport Design still going strong, paints gone but tows great. Thought of trading to a longer one but changed my mind so I change tires every 5 years. Might need a new roof soon, might even paint it lol
Posted By: birdtracker

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/19/22 03:51 PM

trailer prices have tripled and its at least a year to get one. Thats why so many are being stolen. Birdtracker
Posted By: rebel

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/19/22 09:31 PM

you guys dont know how lucky you are with choice. Downunder, enclosed trailers are expensive. I made my own from a truck box. But at least its customised to fit my cars.

Attached picture 90142548_212061749878493_8719432786596855808_n.jpg
Attached picture 117318634_298383214579679_6385299225578552120_n.jpg
Attached picture 91285388_217715319313136_318448305757487104_n.jpg
Posted By: A727Tflite

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/19/22 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by rebel
you guys dont know how lucky you are with choice. Downunder, enclosed trailers are expensive. I made my own from a truck box. But at least its customised to fit my cars.

Nice work. up

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/20/22 01:44 AM

Is it right hand drive too? I don’t think I could ever get used to that, before I killed someone or myself.

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/20/22 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by cudaman1969
Is it right hand drive too? I don’t think I could ever get used to that, before I killed someone or myself.

When you swap from left to right hand drive, you get used to changing gear with the window winders
Posted By: jughed

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/20/22 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Since1822
Since I ordered mine about a month ago and locked in the price, they have gone up nearly $1600. Just received an email from the company salesman telling me that I was lucky to have ordered it back then. Crazy.

Damn. Regardless of how much your trailer costs that's some serious inflation.
In January of last year I paid $8500 for a plain jane enclosed V-nose. After reading this thread i checked prices...the same trailer now goes for $13-$13.9K. A $5000 price jump in 1 year. Holy ****.
A lot of dealers have "call for price" (i.e. way too expensive or not available) on their web page.

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/20/22 05:28 PM

I got lucky for once ..

Nice, nice trailer price wasn't bad neither

Attached picture trsailer.jpg

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/20/22 08:34 PM

When you swap from left to right hand drive, you get used to changing gear with the window winders

Are the pedals in the same place as left hand drive? Never been that close to one

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/20/22 10:21 PM

Are the pedals in the same place as left hand drive? Never been that close to one

yes, thankfully.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/21/22 03:24 AM

yes, thankfully.

I've seen several RH drive imports here in the states and all of them had the pedals on the passenger side of the floor, not on the other side, left hand side, of the tranny humps shruggy
Posted By: LA360

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/21/22 04:57 AM

As Rebel said, enclosed trailers are very expensive down here in Oz, I honestly could never justify the cost for one, or the vehicle to tow it for that matter. A new RAM 1500 is over $100K down here
Posted By: racerx

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/21/22 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by LA360
As Rebel said, enclosed trailers are very expensive down here in Oz, I honestly could never justify the cost for one, or the vehicle to tow it for that matter. A new RAM 1500 is over $100K down here

eek is that for a new truck?
Posted By: FurryStump

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/21/22 03:34 PM

I bought a new 24’ Proline out of Indiana about 2018? I’m happy with it. 5000lb torsion axles. 16” on centers, 1 piece roof. Does everything I need. Been through 2 plastic vent covers, but thats it so far. Paid $6700 with two spares, white walls.

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/21/22 05:56 PM

World is much different now, local guy paid $14,000 for a 2005 Pace 24 foot .. its a nice trailer I will say that in good shape but... wow

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/21/22 07:16 PM

So, mine at $12.5K would be a good deal? wow, I know things are getting a bit ridiculous but really? Starting to sound like Germany before WW2...when does a loaf of bread get up to a bucket-full of 'currency'?!

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/21/22 07:34 PM

probably yes , nothing around here other than the bare bones, cheaply made v nose ones and they are hard to find too
Posted By: topside

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/21/22 07:46 PM

RE: cheaply made trailers -
When I rented an enclosed trailer to haul the RR I purchased last year from SD, the floor seemed thin & barely supported the car.
It had a V nose, and it seemed that aero wash off big trucks affected the trailer and wanted to pull the Excursion we used towards the other vehicle.
Never had that happen with a flat-nose. It was pretty disconcerting.
I think it was a Wells or a Pace, don't recall. To be fair, the trailer may have had a fairly hard life, but still...

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/21/22 08:25 PM

You guys need to look at the price of new trailers...I bought my aluminum 34' trailer in the end of 2019 new, got it in January of 2020. I paid $23 K delivered to my door. We have a friend here in town that just bought the EXACT same trailer as mine in STEEL for $48K new and he had to go get it. He was told no dickering on price if he didn't want it they woudl have it sold that day to someone else. The dealer I bought mine from has called twice wanting to know if I was interested in selling.No thanks not at these price I am not buying a new one.

Larger pickups are no different. I am on my third one in the last 18 months and made a fair amount of money on each. I have been offered $27K more than I paid for my current one already. Just dont feel like waiting for a new one.

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/21/22 11:27 PM

With all this nonsense going on I've been seriously considering going in reverse and having Hodges build me a ramp truck. I know, the car won't be as secure and it may get a little road damage but it seems to me overall it might be a better choice, at least for me. Since the Whale's going away and the next one will have a very simple paint job I've gotten to the point, who cares?!..
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/22/22 04:03 AM

Glad I bought mine when I did. A little over a year ago I bought a “cheap V-nose” 20’ Continental brand new for $6,500-. I’ve since painted the inside, installed a winch, some LED lighting, and a work bench up front. Its a bare bones trailer but it’s built solid and while it’s certainly not what some of you guys roll with, it fits my program just fine. I like the satisfaction that comes with doing things myself. I’m pretty sure I have just as much fun going to the race track as the guys with big-bux trailers. Good luck with your search!

Attached picture 3D1BCD13-A51B-4E8A-9F16-966A6E3EB818.jpeg

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/22/22 10:04 AM

With trailer prices, I'll keep rolling into the track with the ugliest, Section 8, 22 year old , full of hail damage trailer.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/22/22 12:39 PM

I'm not in the market for one, so I haven't kept track of what they're selling for. WOW...it's crazy what trailers sell for now! It was 10 years ago, but we paid less for my basic 24' Haulmark WITH a matching numbers plum crazy '71 Demon 340 sitting in it than what just the trailer sells for now!
I've had a lot of offers for my truck lately, but it took me too long to find one exactly like I wanted when I bought it. No way I could replace it now. Plus I do NOT want anything newer.

Attached picture trailer.jpg

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/22/22 01:35 PM

Never been a fan of enclosed trailers Long, heavy, costly, etc, etc.
I have always been happy with open trailers. Sounds wierd, but i like people seeing my car going down the road.
I recently had a custom open trailer built to my spec. Its 23 feet long with a tilt deck. The tilt deck allows me to load the car, and literally sit on the trailer to attach straps. No getting on the floor to do so. I have a hard time with that.
It also has a fixed platform( separate from the tilt deck) on the front to load my golf cart, with slide out ramps. I paid 5200 bucks for this whole deal, buddy owns a trailer sales business, they make open and enclosed trailers across town from the retail lot.
I would wager i could get close to twice what i paid for this trailer if i sold it. 2600 pounds, tows super nice

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/22/22 02:36 PM

I've had both but, we do a lot of night racing here and after , we just hang around so , I sleep in trailer .. too old to sleep in pickup .. I just sold my nice open I had built , tried that again for 3 years

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/22/22 03:35 PM

I've had both but, we do a lot of night racing here and after , we just hang around so , I sleep in trailer .. too old to sleep in pickup .. I just sold my nice open I had built , tried that again for 3 years

I hear ya…85-90% of my racing is done at my home track 30 minutes away. I park by friends that sleep at the track, and i drive home if its an extended 2,3 day event. Come back in the morning.
Couple Mopar events out of state i go to, same thing, but i get a hotel room. It all works out well.
And the loading an unloading this trailer at my age is a breeze..probably the most important factor.

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/22/22 03:39 PM

While the open trailer is nice for nostalgia reasons, the enclosed far out weighs those. My enclosed trailer is my garage on wheels. Get home late at night? No worries. No need to unload anything. Just lock it up. Full weekend at the track? Plenty of space in front of the car to throw down a cot, and sleep. I like having my stuff locked up, and secured. Rain delay? Car is inside, and not getting wet.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/22/22 04:25 PM

While the open trailer is nice for nostalgia reasons, the enclosed far out weighs those. My enclosed trailer is my garage on wheels. Get home late at night? No worries. No need to unload anything. Just lock it up. Full weekend at the track? Plenty of space in front of the car to throw down a cot, and sleep. I like having my stuff locked up, and secured. Rain delay? Car is inside, and not getting wet.

iagree While I do kinda miss "showing off" the car going down the highway on an open trailer, I love my enclosed. I take so much crap w/ me to the track (tools, fuel, nitrous bottles, etc.) that an open trailer became a pain. Throwing everything in the back of the truck...then worry about rain, etc.

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/22/22 04:34 PM

I have two enclosed trailers and an open. I think we all miss the days of the "rolling car show" with open trailers. But at some point for many they become impractical to race out of. Especially for those of us that race out of town at multi day events and carry spare everything with us as well as tools golf carts shade coolers etc etc. The other impractical part is having really low cars. All of the cars I have only one will go on the open trailer without issue and thats the 64. Hard to get low tube chassis stuff on all but the most pricey opens and forget about a 250" dragster on one. I dont sleep in my trailer but have seen some really well equipped for doing so. But I have a diesel pusher for those times anyway.
Posted By: LA360

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/22/22 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by racerx
Originally Posted by LA360

eek is that for a new truck?

A new 2022 RAM 1500 Express is around $80K, Laramie is up around $110-120. A 2500 Laramie is around $160K

Because of supply issues, a 2021 model is priced higher than a new one. Crazy times
Posted By: Leigh

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/22/22 11:55 PM

Wants and needs have always been consistent. Auto manufacturers have over 100 years of empirical data, on how to make consumers justify the unjustifiable.

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/23/22 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda

iagree While I do kinda miss "showing off" the car going down the highway on an open trailer, I love my enclosed. I take so much crap w/ me to the track (tools, fuel, nitrous bottles, etc.) that an open trailer became a pain. Throwing everything in the back of the truck...then worry about rain, etc.

I dont take a lot of stuff. What i do take goes in the truck. If it breaks, it gets fixed back home so don't bring lots of parts. As far as rain, yep been caught in that before, but its very seldom. I don't race when its gonna rain, but sometimes you get a nasty surprise. Rain doesn't hurt anything.

I own a business, so when i am done racing, i unload the car(5 minutes max) and put car away at work, and then upload the golf car too. Another 5 minutes. Often, i keep the trailer hooked up to a truck until next time. Drive my daily driver home.
I have this deal all figured out, my health limitations require thinking about such things. I doubt very seriously i could crawl underneath my car in an enclosed trailer to manage the tow straps. No thanks.

Most of my racing is 30 minutes away, so my needs are likely different than many who travel longer distances to race. I do generally take a portable shelter to put up for shade, sometimes use it sometimes dont.
The other races i attend out of state its always with friends and amongst friends ay Mopar events, so security is never an issue
I like being able to go home if its multiple day race locally. And if i need anything i didnt bring, i can get it next morning before racing starts on my way back to the track.
My open trailer has zero to do with nostalgia or financial reasons. Its simply the best option for me personally being able to load, unload it by myself, without help, or crawling around at my age. The tilt deck is super. Wastes less gas, and any 1/2 ton can pull it and the car/ golf cart
Posted By: BloFish

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/23/22 03:22 AM

Yep, time to upgrade.

Attached picture C858C3C0-5D00-420B-9BE6-9A3AA70B87C1.jpeg
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/23/22 03:30 AM

My 1996 24' enclosed got so bad I had to leave it in North Carolina last month after I bought a 2021 24' v-nose off a local Craigslist ad, paid $10K for it with lots of options the PO put in it. I had tried to buy a new trailer before leaving, with only two available in the northern Chicagoland area and both right at $15K with 24' and 3' v-nose. I was lucky enough that the seller in NC let me leave my old trailer at his place for a month, will go back down and fix the lights and brakes and bring it back home soon. Also the new trailers seem to be only made with OSB instead of plywood, the 2021 still had plywood. I also transport new trailers from Elkhart, IN to Right Trailer Sales in Lakeland, FL but even they are having issues purchasing new trailers...
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/23/22 04:20 PM

I love the Cup holders up
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: The search for a enclosed trailer - 03/26/22 03:18 AM

That is one cool trailer Rebel! I really miss my 70 VG ute, had it 7 years but I am now looking for a VE Safari, too bad they are so expensive now... frown

Attached picture Ute.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums