Originally Posted by moparx
the 95 caravan [3.3 engine] i had went 320+k before the body fell off. and the 2000 caravan [3.0 engine] went over 200k before the same fate befell it.
both engines were never opened up, other than belts and idlers. the 3.3 had a water pump replaced.
and believe it or not, the 3.0 DIDN'T BURN OIL ! eek
i put a shift kit in both of these buss's transmissions, so i had no issues with those, other than an input or output sensor on the 2000. [i forget which it was].
the 99 i drive now came from arazona, so being rust free with a broken transaxle at 140k, it was a steal at $400.00.
i replaced the transaxle [plus the axles and wheel bearings while i was in there] and it has been trouble free since purchase back in 2014.
i have a local shop oil the snot out of it before winter, and i drilled all kinds of extra holes in the doors, gate, body, etc, plus all the plugs in the body and rockers come out so oil is pumped every place we can get to.
it marks it's "territory" every where it parks in warm weather, as the oil tends to "drip a little". biggrin
i also have my other two at my buddy's small junkyard for parts if i need any. i also have small parts on the shelf, here, plus rock auto lists tons of stuff for it if i ever need something i don't have.
beer

Its pretty easy to swap VW diesels into those, you get 50mpg. Your Arizona van would be a good candidate