Originally Posted by A12
Reminds me of Cobra Kit Cars, yes they look like the original but not really an original. But because there were so few originals built it's a good alternative but that's not the case with original Challengers lots of workable shells and even some originals that are /6's or 318's to work with. A few years back I had a /6 rolling body Challenger that needed a few panels, partial trunk floor and I had to move it and get rid of it. I had several projects way ahead of this Challenger so I put it on here and asked $800 or best offer.....NO TAKERS OR EVEN AN OFFER. So it was crunch time or make that CRUSH time as I had only a few days to get it gone. I asked $250 or any offer by the following Sunday or it was going to the crusher AND STILL NO OFFER or interest. A nice young man from Kentucky PM'd me and begged me not to crush it at the very last hour and drove up overnight with his girlfriend and with a trailer and took it away. The thing that really got me was the lack of interest in 1, saving a Mopar/Challenger and why Dynacom or anyone else thought to make Challenger body parts versus Barracuda body parts. I'm pretty sure if it was a /6 Barracuda it would have sold for two or three time the price of my original asking price. IMO Cuda's are more desirable than back in the day Challengers, apologizes to the Chally boys and girls just my own personal opinion.

I agree I’d walk over 4 Challengers to get to the rusted out 70 Cuda. $13,500 seems steep for a shell anyway. I was at Carlisle a few years back and AMD had a 71 Cuda made totally from their panels for $22,000, metal shape and figment was terrible, body mans nitemare. You can’t beat original no matter the condition. You know that new metal is not as crisp (seams-edges-ridges) as original either.

Last edited by cudaman1969; 03/01/22 10:59 PM.