Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by Dart 500
Half baked, its why they havent caught on. If people need a donor they'll just fix the donor with AMD metal and have a real challenger. If they made 68-70 chargers then I think it would be a different story, an even better story if they sold them as rollers like they do with the superformance cobras.

I agree, a roller would make more sense. The vendor needs to put these cars together so they can see the problems and fix them. When they sell kits the fitment problems get outsourced to the customer and usually ignored. If the vendor is forced to deal with the fitment problems then they fix the root cause issue and everybody wins.

Yes and as long as they could be competitively priced I imagine a "dealership" just for "new" camaros, mustangs, cudas, chargers as complete rollers could work. They have to be sold as rollers otherwise they are considered a new car manufacturer and they would have to meet all current crash and emissions testing. I'll take a black/black 69 charger R/T please, and fit it with a new 6.4L hemi and 6-speed.