GG's "white book" shows data on 88.4% of production

1969 Dart GTS
1,912 total with big block
of these:
* 784 with 383HP & 4-speed
* 488 with 383HP & automatic
&
* 640 with 440HP & automatic

there has been some discussion that the 383 VS. 440 automatic numbers are not accurate

I find that pretty surprising that there were more M-Code 440 Dart GTS's made than 383 H-Code automatics shruggy Especially when I went into my local Dodge dealership to pick up a brochure on the Dart GTS 383 727 Automatic that I was getting ready to order in the spring of 1969. I had read every magazine article I could find on the Dart GTS 383 up to that point and then spotted a sidebar story on how there was going to be a release of a Dart GTS with the 440 engine. Went back to the local dealer and no one knew anything about the 440 and on top pf that I got laughed out of the dealer ship by one and then both of the sales guys for even asking such a "stupid" question about the 440 "In a Dart". More to this but I was a little embarrassed, make that P!$$eD so I went to the Plymouth dealer, sat down with my co-signing dad and ORDERED a '69 Road Runner tonguue tonguue There just had to be a lot more Dart GTS 383 auto's built and sold than 488. As some know I finally got my '69 Dart GTS 440 M-Code and still have it......in GREEN of course. wink