To Dr. Diffs point about the floating caliper, here's my take on it after thinking it over while eating. With the floating caliper, the fluid pressure is actually acting on 2 surfaces which apply the pads. Think of the column of fluid in the caliper as being the "center". The force pushes outward, via the piston, on the inner pad, pushing it against the rotor while at the same time it pushes on the bottom of the caliper bore, pulling the caliper body,and the outboard pad, inward toward the rotor. It's like doubling the area "doing the work". I will probably change to a smaller master cylinder first for a number of reasons. Cheaper, less work to change, weight loss, smaller bore(more p.s.i. per pound of pedal force). The car has manual brakes to which I added the factory disc front, and "C" body 11" X 3" rear drums. Got the front set-up at a swap meet and had the 11" drums from my old Newport, so not a lot of $$$ in what I have now. It's not horrible, but I think it could be a lot better.

Last edited by 67_Satellite; 02/06/22 09:46 PM.