I have watched my local CL for 12 years very frequently, I sort the cars for sale by owner and have watched the total number available for as long, it usually hovered around 1000 cars at any given time and was slowly increasing, then they started charging $5 for an add and it dropped down overnight to around 300 cars and has fluctuated around that number ever since. I have seen it go just under 200 back in late winter and early spring this year, the lowest I have ever seen it and now it currently sits back up at 321. I buy and sell cars on there frequently and check it most every single day.

I hate facebook market place, I always try to sell stuff and get a million messages "is this item still available" I reply "yes, any questions I can answer for you or do you want to come take a look?" and NEVER get a response. I can't sort adds by price, or how old the add is, I find stuff 1000 miles away, I frequently get one of my friends asking me if I saw XYZ car and I can never find them on there even if I actually happened to see it before and none of the cars I saw before are ever findable again... I guess I am too old to get it. CL is soooooooo much easier to find what I want.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!