Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk
I haven't worn a watch in many years. They just became uncomfortable, so no I don't want a smart watch, either as it would have the same problem. I do have a really cool watch, though, a pocket watch. This is a 1926 Waltham railroad grade (23 jewels, diamonds in the middle) that was on my mom's real father the day he died in a 1940 logging accident. I had it fixed up and it keeps real nice time, but I don't carry it with me. First picture is as it was given to me with some rust and a plastic lens. A friend of mine is in the watch business as a side job. He had the watch fixed up and sold me the chain with the bear tooth.

Love pocket watches, I carry a Illinois 1919 A. Lincoln from time to time, usually on Sundays for church. It keeps very good time too.

I haven't worn a wrist watch in years for one simple reason, I tear them up. I'll be working on something, reach in a tight spot and get the band or watch hung and have to tear it off to get my hand out. Same with my wedding ring, I only wear it on Sundays or if the wife and I are going out.