PIA we have one on our house we bought last year. Here is the out come on everything. Every claim suppose to be the $75.00 deductible amount

Furnace stopped heating. Called scheduled HVAC company to come by says its cause the igniter was dirty and wasn't covered under warranty. Cost $150 plus tax for service call
Water heater pilot stopped working. HVAC comes out says water heater is under manufactures warranty and that gas valve is faulty. Claim denied. Part covered by manufacture but still costs me $300 plus to have installed no payment due on the $75 though
Fridge stopped working. 10 year old fridge. Compressor at fault Pay the $75 fee. Given choice get HWC to pay for new compressor to tune of just over $600 or get that amount and use towards new fridge. Bought new fridge for $2K
A/C unit this spring wasn't cooling. Claim filed and come out. Pay the $75 fee to find out unit low on freon. Pay for freon as HWC says they need a leak down rate to determine how fast its leaking. Tech says he knows where leak is its in a line. HWC says they won't pay for that as it is manufacture fault. It less than 2 years old. Fight for months with the company back and forth telling them I just paid $150 bucks for freon that I know next spring I will have to redo it. Finally they agree they will pay the tech to solder the joint again. Tech came out and did it and said I'm not going to charge you for it. It took him less than 15 minutes to do it.

On our previous house we bought it came with one. Main floor bathroom faucet was leaking inside the wall and dripping into basement mechanical room that was un finished. At same time main clean out cast iron pipe was leaking as well. Warranty company was willing to pay for the redoing of both pipes but the sheet rock work on the wall was not covered! I went ape sh!t crazy on them for that one. I told them if I have to replace a headlamp on a new car and to do the job I have to remove a bumper cover it was all part of the process. No different with tech having to cut into wall to fix leaking pipe. They told me to go pound sand.

Needless to say I wont buy one on purpose.

Contact Me about AMD Prices