Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by Wolfe440
Is this normal to find after shut down? Should they all hold their pressure?

They should hold the oil (pressure) and if not I would say they are dirty or bad lifters due to excess clearances and are bleeding down. call Barton and buy a set from him wink
only other reason I could think of is excessive spring pressure
It seems as though Comp's once trusted quality has been slipping for quite a while IMO twocents beer

I called Ray Barton, very nice man, his first bit of good information is to never go hydraulic with a Hemi, he's had nothing but major trouble and will never use them again, says the valve train is too heavy and it will lead to many problems, including bleed down when engine is shut down depending on the position of the lifters. He was not surprised I can't get them to stop rattling, and told to stop adjusting further, I'm just asking for big trouble. The hydraulic that came from the factory used special lifters that could handle the pressures but are no longer available. We discussed going to solid, I have to first contact Comp and see if the cam I have can switch to solid lifters, I will also have to change to a different length push rod.

Thank you TJP for telling me to contact him, it has likely saved me from a bigger problem!

Update: I called Comp and yes with this roller cam I can switch to solid lifters, what a relief! I am waiting for Ray Barton to call me back with a lifter and push rod solution.

Last edited by Wolfe440; 07/21/21 12:19 PM.