I try not to pizz car show people off. On occasion, I have asked about common things that I see that are easy to change and not too expensive, such as battery cables for example. Twenty or more years ago, I was at a Labor Day swap meet / car show (Blueberry Festival) in Plymouth Indiana. I'm a swap meet / drag race kind of guy, but after I have bought everything I want in the swap meet, I mosey over to the car show for a little education on who's doing what to who. I spied an extra nice 66 Bonneville tri-power convertible, and it was a very correct car with the exception of the puny red aftermarket battery cables. Being very respectful, I ask the owner if he would be interested in a set of NOS Delco cables for his car. He said yes, but he hadn't been able to find any. Just so happens, a friend that was a sales rep for the Fort Wayne Delco warehouse distributor was there trying to sell a buttload of obsolete Delco shock absorbers and Delco Remy electrical. I had bought all the ignition parts I wanted from him, but I passed on the plug wires, battery cables, and shocks. Short story is, Pontiac owner hot footed it over to my friends swap space and bought complete new factory cables for the car at an unbelievably low price. An hour or so later when I went back by, he had the new cables on and offered me a beer for being so helpful. Since I only do mixed drinks, I settled for a Pepsi instead.

July 19th should be "Drive Like Rockford Day". R.I.P. Jimmie.