Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by cudaman1969
You can build a 440 to have more power than a Hemi, then try to sell either. Buyers are standing in line to pay big bucks for the Hemi and you have to give away the wedge, facts of life folks.
One other thing, I haven’t seen any 68 440 Darts or Cudas in Super Stock trim run as fast as the Hemi ones yet.

let se, a single four barrel with stock smog heads versus two four barrels on a race motor, I wonder why the hemi does better in those cars whistling shruggy
for those that don't know about the stock hemiroid valve train take a real hard look at them, they SUCK down twocents

Exactly what I mean, no smog motor headed 440 even with the 6 Pac will run like a Hemi unless you restrict the Hemi (with hdydrolic cam) to run in the same rpm range. Build the 440 just like the race Hemi using the 906 head with a sheet metal intake (same mods as the S/S) no way you’re getting 8-900 HP out of that 440. First off those 906s will choke off at 6800 or less. Below the head, the 440 and 426 are the same, the head and above separates the men from the boys. Once the aftermarket wedge heads start flowing in the Hemi range then and only then will the engines match up.