Originally Posted by larrymopar360
I have no problem with bank check/cashiers check but I go straight to the bank or meet the buyer at the bank named on the check. If you do not have a branch in your area I would take it to your bank to deposit and they should be able to verify it's authenticity immediately. I just did that. Then release vehicle.

Personally I would not accept cash unless you are able to verify it is not counterfeit. That's just me.

Nope - even the bank can't verify a bank check or CC. Guy in my golf league sold a late model to a guy from Chicago. Two guys drove in, they all met at his bank, his bank said the check was good, he paid off his loan, they released the title lien, he handed them the keys & they drove off. Two days later his bank calls him & tells him the bank check was counterfeit & he owes them like $18,000. It was on him even though the bank said the check was good. LUCKILY, the police found the car in WI. that an older couple had bought for $9,900 cash from someone in Chicago. He got his car back, the couple in WI. was screwed.

My advice is either do a wire transfer or accept CASH.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified