Originally Posted by 69superbee383
Nice truck ! We run V6 Chargers for patrol cars and Tahoe’s for our K9 and EMS zone medics. We beat the hell out of the Tahoe’s and they hold up well. I’m currently in a 2017 for my EMS unit with 163k miles on it and no hope of a replacement soon.

We tried the Durango’s though I never drove one. Had a lot of electrical issues and some mechanical so they went back. We now have some V6 Interceptor Explorers which I’m told will replace our Tahoe’s over time. Most of us are not real happy about that. But the cost difference is significant.

One of the challenges with the Tahoe's is the price differential. GM, has no desire to be in the public safety market. They can't keep up with demand on SUV orders and offer no significant discount. I don't see how the fiscal bodies permit the purchase of them. I suspect for every four Tahoe, an agency could have at least five Durango. Similar performance and interior room.

I don't by Fords because when I was a detective, I was selecting items for my Fusion. It was offered with a manual transmission. I wanted it- the rep refused to order it. That blunder has cost him over a million now. The Ford explorers look like 30 year old Four Runners anyway.

'70 Challenger R/T 383
'16 Hemi Durango SSV (work vehicle)
'15 Ram Police SSV