Originally Posted by Chargerfan68
I know it is not a direct comparison, but i think a Victor 440 is pretty similar to the TF. And i swapped to an M1 std port intake from a Victor 440 intake and have back to back track results. However, it is an M1 dominator flange changing from the Victor 4150 flange with a 1-1/2” tapered spacer. The victor/spacer height was pretty tall. The M1 was fairly low and fits inder a stock 68 b-body hood with a dominator carb and drpped base air cleaner with a kn filter lid The difference at the track was only .15 sec et and just about 1 mph. Really cannot tell at all on the street. This is a rb 505 with 620 hp.

This is a good comparison but, the benefits of the taller and more ideal trajectory of the TF may be offset by less plenum volume. (If you are limited by overall height and cannot use plenum spacers.) I have little doubt, in unmodified forms, a 4150 TF intake will outperform the 4150 M1 on a dyno in your application. However, if hood clearance is an issue, a 'cleaned-up' 4500 M1 and 1050 Dominator set-up may give a 4150 TF intake WITH optimized plenum a run for its money IMO.