Update....

Last January I road tripped to Tuscon with the Bee for the Roadkill Zip Tie Drags. It was 1800 miles round trip and was an absolute blast. I decide I wanted to get this truck done for the 2021 event. Now that Covid has canceled that event, I made a goal to have this truck on the road by Presidents Weekend so I can road trip it to see my Dad in Bullhead City, Arizona. This trip will be about 1100 miles round trip. I'm not planning to have the paint finished by but at least it will be on the road.

I began working on the body over the weekend. I'm going to spray it myself and hope for the best. Still planning to go with the factory medium blue over light blue two tone. I purchased all of the product to get the body done and boy was I shocked on how much this stuff cost. The base coat was over $300 a gallon.

I am close to finished with the drive line and chassis and it sure looks good with a 440 sitting there. I rebuilt the 440 using a 75' motor out of a W300 that had 53k original miles. After porting the heads, I added a larger camshaft (.466/.488 @ 224/234 with 114 * - advanced 4 degrees) and edelbrock performer intake. I'm going to use the stock exhaust manifolds for now. The 727 is rebuilt and ready to go. I bolted the 440/727 in about a week ago so I'm makiing pretty good progress at this point. Still looking for nice blue door panels if anyone has a set.

Resize 1.jpgResize 2.jpg

1969 Superbee 440-6
1977 D-150 Adventurer
2000 Jeep TJ
2018 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
2019 Ram 2500 CTD