Originally Posted by SportFuryS/23383
Originally Posted by ek3
where do you see the future of this hobby going ? long terms?

Honestly, I SERIOUSLY HOPE it don't happen but in my opinion I see the older Mopars from the 20s to 70s, hell maybe even 80s going away and not being around because folks my age (and I'm 20 years old) dont really care about these cars. I just think the modern muscle will be the new thing and the older Mopars being forgot about. Take it how you want but that is just my 2 twocents

But that's because there are new muscle car offerings that give us what 60-70 muscle cars once uniquely claimed. Why would anyone in our generation want to rebuild, scour for parts, and pour money into older cars when you can go to any of the Big 3 and buy a car turn key with warranty that is nicer, safer, faster, and better supported? For those of us tied emotionally to these projects (maybe your dad had one years ago or in my case you had one sitting needing attention), we're a different situation. But those coming into the sport fresh? No chance.

Investors buy these cars to make money. They collect them for the eventual flip. But if demand isn't gonna be there, they are better off buying a new Demon, wrapping it in plastic, and selling it in a decade. In twenty years the car market will change again to EV, but some portion of the market will continue to drive demand for things no longer offered.

I self admittedly get too emotionally attached to cars to ever be in the sport for profit.

Last edited by A39Coronet; 12/08/20 09:10 PM.

Follow my G3 Hemi Barracuda build on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSDAWczXoZw&list=PLTus_wQu8POADHEeJNJp2nr4NMHEyB9EK

2015 Tri-State Stock Super Stock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar No Box Winner