Originally Posted by paris401

my '2' boys have/had ZERO interest in our old muscle cars- 1/2 dozen kids would walk up my driveway where there would be 2 superbirds, or a hemi bee or r/r or a 6pack, and maybe...maybe '1' of the kids would give it a 2nd look...i would guess the really rare/rare car will hold value, but in 10-15-20yrs the chance of a 71 hemi cuda 'vert getting today's or yesterday's $$$ ... doubtful...

Yup, most young people don't understand the car hobby...just want a way to get from A to B, don't care about much else.
That said, my oldest son surprised me yesterday with "why don't they bring back Plymouth?" He went on to talk about his friends that drive Kia, Honda, Toyota, etc. and how they don't care about their cars, don't know anything about them, but tend to have trouble frequently. His thought was, that if Chrysler could build a cheap alternative to Kia, Hyundai, etc. that was engineered as well as other Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram products of today, that we could get back that market. I discussed it with him, and we went over many of the reasons why Chrysler pulled out of the small, cheap car market, but I was still impressed that he noticed this and wants Mopar to offer a better product in all markets. smile

Granted, he's the exception, not the rule...

JS

76 Dodge Adventurer Sport Power Wagon W100 318, 727, NP203 Fulltime 4x4 Russet Red
06 Jeep Commander Ltd 4x4, 5.7L Hemi, QuadraDrive II
06 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi
10 Mopar 10 Challenger R/T, #483/500, 5.7L HEMI
10 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 4x4 5.7L HEMI
11 Dodge Ram 1500 LoneStar Quad Cab, 5.7L HEMI, Fulltime 4x4, Deep Cherry Red
16 Jeep Cherokee Limited 3.2L Pentastar V6, 9 Speed Torqueflite, 4x4, Black