Welcome aboard and nice post Chris. Good luck with your new endeavor and Happy Thanksgiving.

This is my perspective and I have been on both sides. I have missed calls, voice mails, emails and ebay notifications on completed auctions over the years. Once I was aware of the situation it was quick and easy to make things right with the customer. Sometimes things get a little tense in the heat of battle (trying to get a car ready for this weekend etc) and the customer's EGT's get a little too high. Totally understandable behavior IMO. All you can do it try to make it right.

That said I have also "fired" customers over the years for not respecting my time. Unfortunately they have all been retired guys that don't really have much going on in their lives. The individuals (only two in 20 years) both exhibited the same behavior which was calling multiple time in a row within the same hour demanding a call back for (from my perspective) basically what was chit-chat and not really a technical question or problem. Eventually these individuals got really pushy and even more demanding to I politely declined any future work from them because I (in truth) could not effectively serve them as a customer.

While the above might not have any bearing on this situation I find myself being somewhat impatient at times (waiting for tracking numbers, etc.) and the reality is I am EXCITED about my new parts and how they will work.

Questions to ask busy people that are trying to serve you:

"I need some time to talk over this issue. When would be a good time to talk?"

(instead of calling someone and blurting out a 15 minute narrative of your race weekend and then asking a question)

"What is the best way to contact you?"

This is a great way to find out where the action is. Some people use text, some use the phone and others rely heavily on social media (WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook etc) for whatever reason. If that is the best way to catch their attention you better figure it out. We are all kids in the classroom with our hands up waiting to be called on. Don't be that annoying kid jumping around in his chair grunting for attention. Be patient, wait your turn and if you are faced with an emergency by all means state that in your communications so the respondent can prioritize your needs.

This is a PSA in not acting like a jerk to your favorite vendor. It's a work in progress lol!