Still loving mine after 10 years. Started with blow through, premium pump gas, and a 180K mile,8:0-1 compression, 383 with up to 15 lbs. Learned a lot with the "expendable" engine.#1 takeaway is to bullet proof your boost control devices. A melted W.G.. reference line, or a stuck wastegate will likely cost you at least a head gasket (or 2).Cheap blue Fel-pro gaskets make a great "Fuse".#2, don't get greedy with the timing. Stock junk will live -IF- you don't rattle it. I'm running 20 degrees total timing. I currently have the Sniper X-flow running pump E-85 on a 10:0-1 470 with two of the "Hong Kong Hurricane" 69 m,m, ebay turbos. Got a home made girdle, B.B.C. Eagle rods ,K.B. Icon pistons ,and haven't hurt the bottom end yet. Had it up to 17 lbs. with E-85 and the blow through carb. Got to the point where it couldn't get enough fuel through the "gas" downleg boosters ,so I decided to go to E.F.I. At just 12 lbs. it's uncontrollable below 60 m.p.h. Has 315-60 M/T drag radials, Cal track bars, Cal track shocks, 90/10 front shocks, and the traction gods don't care, but it is a blast to drive .I should add some safety equipment so i can take it to the track. I believe the old 383 would live forever with a 5500 r.p.m. shift point and 15 lbs. Don't be afraid to lean on the stock parts.