Originally Posted by Cometstorm
Originally Posted by Grizzly
Maybe when the automobile was first invented it was a good idea to have a spare.

But, in this day and age, I haven't packed 40 pounds of dead weight around in any of the vehicles I own for at least 20 years. I have free roadside assistance on my credit card, and even at that have never used it for a flat. I have soapy water, bacon strips and a needle to fix all my flats myself.

Threw all my supposedly $1200.00 E-Body space-saver wheels/tires, $600.00 jacks and frame tie-downs in the scrap metal pile too. What am I going to do with 50 pounds of ugly...............use it? laugh2

Can't say I feel sorry for you spending $450 bucks on a spare, did they throw in a jack and compressor? laugh

To each his own I guess...

It’s not unusual to be out on highways (and off the grid roads) and beyond cell service. Sometimes by a huge amount of miles (we are retired, and travel).

No, I didn’t pay $450 for a simple spare:

Complete Compact Spare Tire Kit - Fits 2008-2020 Dodge Challenger - Modern Spare

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077G512P3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_RSgRFb6MN5VTQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I was going to say that you need to make sure it clears the front brakes, but it kinda looks like that spare kit should.
The factory space saver spare doesn't clear the front Brembo brakes without a spacer.
I think that's part of the reason that the SRT cars never got a spare but the R/T models did (smaller calipers).

So far I've been running without a spare on my 300 SRT8, but I just put new tires on it this summer.

As far as the factory air pump, I only tried to use it once last fall. I had put drag radials on it to run at Gateway.
I let the air down to 26 in them while at the track. I plugged in the factory air pump in the cigarette lighter plug/power outlet to air them back up at the end of the night.
It ran for about 30 seconds and then popped the fuse. flame
It's a useless piece of crap.

I just drove it home with the tires at 26 psi.

I did the same basic thing at the Holley Moparty in Bowling Green just on the street tires.
This time I used a small Motortrend badged air pump I got from Summit Racing, aired the tired up with no problem.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol