Originally Posted by Grizzly
Maybe when the automobile was first invented it was a good idea to have a spare.

But, in this day and age, I haven't packed 40 pounds of dead weight around in any of the vehicles I own for at least 20 years. I have free roadside assistance on my credit card, and even at that have never used it for a flat. I have soapy water, bacon strips and a needle to fix all my flats myself.

Threw all my supposedly $1200.00 E-Body space-saver wheels/tires, $600.00 jacks and frame tie-downs in the scrap metal pile too. What am I going to do with 50 pounds of ugly...............use it? laugh2

Can't say I feel sorry for you spending $450 bucks on a spare, did they throw in a jack and compressor? laugh

To each his own I guess...

It’s not unusual to be out on highways (and off the grid roads) and beyond cell service. Sometimes by a huge amount of miles (we are retired, and travel).

No, I didn’t pay $450 for a simple spare:

Complete Compact Spare Tire Kit - Fits 2008-2020 Dodge Challenger - Modern Spare

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077G512P3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_RSgRFb6MN5VTQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1