Originally Posted by RobG
$12,000 to $15,000 depending on any wood rot issues and gutters.

That must be the Michigan price range smile

About 8 years ago I spent THIRTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS on a roof. I about S$%^ myself. Tear off old wood shingles. New plywood. Copper flashing. SIMPLE roof with attached garage (2000ft colonial). This was Mr Roof and their lifetime rubber shingles. When I called to get competitive quotes people actually complimented their product and said they didn't have anything similar?!?! Only other quote was for $11,000

Quick story. We had the roof done on a 1000ft ranch, rental. Young guy (30's) that I had used years before (he actually did the garage on this rental). Does the work himself. Had him install cheap 15 year shingles (I was selling it, my LAST RENTAL). There was one layer so he went over it at my request. Said he normally does't do that (anymore?). Cost was like $3000. He had the shingles delivered the day before. The truck put them on the roof. I stopped by the next morning at 9AM to talk to him. He was already into the job. I drove back by at 2 or 3pm and he was done and gone. I know that is some back breaking work but how much did he make in a day? $1-2000? Good for him!!!!

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets