the electronic problems with programming every time you do something aren't GM specific.
you have to do this with most all car manufacturers these days.

be happy it isn't a Volkswagen.
last week i repaired a 2019 VW tourag. i took the front bumper and grill off to do repairs. i backed it into the booth to paint the hood. i got multiple failure warnings on the dash that had to be cleared with a scanner. with the front bumper off the back up camera wouldn't work and wouldn't work until the bumper was re-installed and the codes cleared. the car had parking assist so this triggered the warning lights.
the car i repaired before the Tourag was a 2020 Tiguan with a panoramic sunroof. i had to repair the roof so i had to drop the headliner and remove the sunroof before i painted it. without the headliner and sunroof i got multiple failure lights on the dash from driving it 30' into the booth. i had to use the scanner to clear codes before the interior lights AND the sunroof would work again. i was thankful the car allowed me to install the sunroof, clear that code and the roof worked. i would hate to have to install the roof AND headliner and then find out something didn't work and have to completely remove everything to find the problem.

if you ever work on a VW that has a self braking feature DON'T unplug the forward radar unit and turn the key on. if you do this the entire system has to be reprogrammed and calibrated again. it takes 2 HOURS to do this.

i am sure there are the same or worse stories from other European car manufacturers.

Last edited by Mr T2U; 10/22/20 06:32 PM.

perception is 90% of reality