Originally Posted by 71TA
these guys have the nicest TA hood. Its not like OEM (which means crappy and rough smile )

https://aarqualityfiberglass.com/product/hood-challenger-1970-1974-t-a-bolt-on/

Jim, I know you've had your hood many years, and AAR did make a nicely finished piece, however AAR was acquired by Stinger, and Stinger products were always known for cheap resin, cheap gel coats, and substituting coremat for a quick/cheap build up to avoid using the proper OS mat/lay up, so I'd be Leary of an AAR product today.... from the few current parts that I've personally seen come out of Stinger/AAR they were inferior quality, nothing like AAR's past quality fit/finish....

Unlimited was mentioned also in this thread, granted Unlimited was a 50/50 shot in the past, they have been under new ownership/management the last few years and Kevin has greatly improved their products and service, the last few items I've received from Unlimited were very nicely done as far as fit/finsh

VFN is another source for T/A hoods, I haven't bought anything from VFN for a few years, but I never had any issues with hoods and fenders that I bought in the past, the quality of the gelcoat/glass/lay up were very nice

There's also USBodySource, I can't speak for their T/A offering, but I did buy a glass Shaker hood from them several years ago, the fit/finish was very good no complaints....

Mike