Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Originally Posted by Dcuda69
Originally Posted by A12
One thing I would do if the mattress you tried at the store is still there is to photo all of the tags and display information and compare the info to the tags on the mattress you received. If the information is not EXACTLY the same then you did not receive the product you paid for and you can claim "bait and switch". There are so many differences that can be made to change the quality, feel and cost of a mattress even down to the thickness of the foam layers and top covers but those differences should be listed on the tags and information.

This^^^^ Compare all that info with your receipt. If it all matches, JCP delivered what you purchased. If that's the case you will likely end up fighting with the manufacture...good luck. Hope it doesn't turn into a pricey lesson. That stuff should always be purchased at a place that offers their own warranty(such as the no questions asked 120 night sleep guarantee)

We're doing something easier - my wife put it for sale locally & we already have a few interested parties - we'll move it. As far as pursuing JCP, I would think they are uncollectible - like I said earlier - they GOT me. The mattress in the store is a display - it's half & half. One side was "plush" (pretty soft), & the other side was firm - there were no sewn-on tags. The receipt & the mattress received were same product & model name. We had a lengthy call with a JCP customer service manager yesterday. We had a photo of the tag on the mattress - she said "well - I can't see it." So we had a brilliant idea: we'll email you the photo. Her: "I'm sorry, you can't email it to me." Then another brilliant idea: "We'll text it to you!!!" Nope - sorry can't do that. Third brilliant idea: "hey - I'll TAKE the mattress to our store 6 miles away so they can confirm this mattress is not correct!!!!!!!!" You guessed it - "sorry - you can't do that - the store will not allow that."

So what are we left with? JC Penney telling me thank you for your money, but as for everything else - pound sand chump. WE GOT YA! (Oh yeah - we'll be going OOB in a few months so we'll all be unemployed.................).

What has Serta said? In some ways this is like buying a Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Jeep from a large auto franchise and them telling you to go pound sand. I would be going to the manufacture to complain about how their product is being handled. I would be going to Serta just to see what they say? JCP doesn't seem to care about a Serta mattress but I would hope that Serta cares enough about THEIR product and satisfying THEIR customers. You felt good enough about a SERTA mattress to invest YOUR money into one and I would bet they (Serta) would like to see you as a happy, satisfied SERTA customer. If they don't then please let us know so I don't ever buy a SERTA mattress..........most of us are pretty sure we're NOT going to buy a mattress from JCP regardless of brand down laugh2 What will Serta do and say??