I'm starting to think it's the 1980's again over at the Ford Motor Company.... I mean.... Cocaine was a hell of a drug, wasn't it?

I don't particularly understand their decisions as of late. MUSTANG is supposedly going to become it's own brand. Not just a car, a whole BRAND. Ford - Mustang - Lincoln. [censored]?

The decision to stop producing cars altogether other than the Mustang and focus primarily on trucks?

It's been announced the next-gen Mustang in 2023 will be based off of a Ford Explorer chassis. That just seems..... odd. SUV and Sports car... together at last.

See, in my mind, I thought it was a bit of shame about the death of Mercury and Lincoln not wanting to take on the S550 chassis. You know, share that platform to amortize the costs plus produce some other interesting vehicles. Keep the Mustang as the bottom rung performance, a Mercury Cougar based off the S550 with unique styling might've been pretty exciting and have it the more up-market car with all the gadgets. Finally, have a Lincoln luxury sports model based off the S550 again with some more interesting styling. You can't tell me that market segment is dead when BMW, Acura, Lexus, et al , are all producing high-line, 2-door sports coupes. I think it's the plain and simple fact that the US industry has handed that whole market segment to those other manufacturers because nobody domestically has created a vehicle exciting enough (or reliable enough) to sway some buyers.

I'll be honest - other than my Mustang, there hasn't been much from the US auto makers in the last 10 years that got me excited.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....