Originally Posted by Mopar Mitch
Has anyone installed a Glow Shift T-fitting (5/16") into their trans line? pictures? best location? wiring from sensor?

I'm getting ready to install a trans temp gauge and I'm debating the T-fitting location. I do have a remote cooler in front of the radiator (by-passing the factory radiator cooler.. new US Radiator aluminum triple flow radiator doesn't have a trans cooler).

I can't use a deep pan because my car sits low and it'll hit the ground. The only deeper pan vs stock would be the Moroso 42080 as its about 1" shallower than the typical deep pan... measures at 2-5/16" plus gasket thickness. That Moroso pan has two front plugs.. could possibly fit a sensor into one of the plugs.

Comments appreciated.

Best location?

Depends what you want to actually determine.
The front cooler line fitting is trans “out”, comes right from the converter and will be the hottest.
The rear fitting is “cooler return” and will naturally be cooler than trans “out”.

In the trans pan will be the temp the trans internals will actually see. (This is the location used in all the Chrysler 4 speed transmissions RWD transmissions and all electronic FWD 4 speeds. Since the late 80’s.)

The front servo should show close to pan temp but only see substantial flow in high gear.

The rear servo will only see flow in manual low and reverse and would be the last place I would install a sensor.

As for your dipstick leak, that shouldn’t happen. You either have a bad tube or seal or both. If you can’t fix it then for your application I would tap the bore and install a threaded plug and be done with it. Transmissions today don’t even have dipsticks.

Last edited by Transman; 05/27/20 11:10 AM.