I've been getting a specialized massage therapy that deals with the Fascia, called MFR or Myo Fascial Release. The Fascia is a web that encompasses your entire body. Think of it as a ballistic mesh material. When it or the surrounding muscle gets injured, it pulls down tight and is extremely painful. Last year I thought I was going to need my left hip replaced because of the pain. Too much time spent creeper diving when older and having a hard time getting up and down. Got x-rays and joint was fine. I had been on a wait list with a specialized therapist that uses the Barnes[ I believe] technique. It involves her doing an assessment of me to see where the problem lies. I'm torqued down on the left and forward on the right. When she had me lie facedown she feels around for where the fascia is locked up, puts force into that area and does not let up until she feels it release. It can take up to several minutes until it releases. The first time I saw her I was in agony before she even did anything. Since its the left hip, thats also my clutch leg. I have an 04 Ram dually with a heavy clutch. After she got done with me on that first session, it was like someone turned the switch off on the pain. Euphoria! I'm still jacked up just from the years of abuse so I still get it worked on but have been seeing a pair of gals who do tandem sessions as my first lady did not have enough arms and hands to get me stretched out in the multiple directions that I need to go. Its getting better. I used to primarily kneel down on my right knee and push up with the left leg, which has been a major contributing factor in the injuries. Now I try to kneel down on the left and push up with the right. It helps the left heal. I had been chasing it with chiro work but that was not the problem for me.

Carl Kessel