Originally Posted by Cometstorm
Come on guys, give me a brake! (Pun intended)

When I said car is “perfect,”.... I obviously meant in a relative sense, not absolute. No car is truly perfect, even off the showroom floor (if you want to take it that far).

“Beefy cam?” Just a quick expression. It’s been nearly 20 years and I no longer have that particular Challenger, so I forget the cam specs.

The slight right front wheel slight bass pulsing sound before stop was only noticed when driving there (two city miles), after sitting tarped d for six or so weeks. I just wanted a quick visual check of the one wheel.

As mentioned, that appears to have gone away after several more miles.

As to the repair shop issue at hand, I appreciate all the input.

My trusted mechanic shop closed (retired), so I was used to his top shelf service for many years.

All that being said, I still feel my chain was being pulled.

First clue I should have picked up on;

They wouldn’t let me wait for a simple emissions check, even by appointment.

They insisted I drop it off four several hours for their free multi-point car inspection. whistling

Wouldn't let you wait for a 10 minute job? A lot of things going on with that shop that would make me want to just call someone else. I have to wonder if they would have called you with a $1200 brake job estimate, and by the way, we have your brakes all apart and lying all over the floor for the "inspection".

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.