Truth be told I worked very, very hard to get into that position and I did it for about 12 years, but after being there I found it very unsatisfying and got burnt out. You'll soon find out that you have to many people to please, the dealer, the customers, the factory and your employees. It's quite the juggling act. While the money was good, I won't lie, the well into the 6 figure income is nice, to me it wasn't what I thought it would be. Customers will wear you out, they lie right to your face and don't have a clue what they are talking about. I remember one time a customer said to me, "The customer is always right!" I said while that may be true at Burger King it is not in this situation.

Yeah my shoulders, knees and back have been killing me but I am much happier and feel a sense of fulfilment in my life that I didn't feel as a manager. I love working on cars, I love what I do so much I even do it in my spare time and on my vacations. YMMV, every one is different but if you enjoy what you do now, you may not like the job, money isn't everything to me.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.