Without getting in to numbers you can expect a wide variety of pay plans, it all depends on the dealer. When I was at a small store (7 techs and 2 writers) I got 25% of the net but I was also the dispatcher and warranty administrator. Larger stores may pay 5% of the net with CSI and FIR bonuses as well as warranty expense numbers. I can tell you this, any pay plan based on your CSI isn't worth crap. Even if you do hit it they will just raise it the next quarter to an unreachable number.

Now with that being said get all you can get in a percentage, preferably off the gross but that rarely happens. Know what your shop grosses and nets and figure what you need from that. Also if they won't show you the entire financial statement at the close of the month, they are stealing from you in some way or another.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.