Like the title says, the last few days have kinda sucked.

My oldest cat Aries who was just a few days shy of 14 years old had been losing weight for a while now.

At one point he was a 16 pound cat. He wasn't fat, just kind of a big cat.

I had taken him to the Vet a few weeks ago right when the virus crap was really starting around here and they diagnosed a Thyroid problem.
Only two place do the radioactive iodine treatment and the one in Columbia (Mizzou Vet School) wasn't taking pets in because of the virus stuff going on since the school is on lockdown..

He was supposed to go the other place (in Bridgeton near Ferguson) in this last Tuesday for the radioactive Iodine shot (insanely expensive) to address a Thyroid problem but he stopped eating after being taken to the Vet the Thursday before.
They couldn't say that he would even survive the treatment.

He refused to even be force fed any food, I guess he knew it was his time.
He would drink water, but refused to eat.

We knew at that point he probably wouldn't make it back home if they did the procedure (they had to keep him at least 3 days for the radiation to dissipate before he could come home.

The last several cats that we've taken to the Vet never came home and we thought it would be better for him to pass with the people who loved him by his side.

Watching him slowly fade the last few day has really sucked.

He passed away early Friday Morning.

He may have been named after the God of War,
but he was more a lover and loved to snuggle up in my lap or next to me in bed.

After he passed this morning Kayse (the wife) commented that it was ironic that he was born on Good Friday and he passed away on Good Friday.

The first two pics he was about 2 or 3 years old, the last one if from this last January when he was getting ready to curl up in my lap.

Thank you Aries aka Mr. Blue Eyes for spending 14 year making me smile and laugh, I'll miss you.

Aries 001.jpgAries 002.jpgIMG_3211.JPG

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol