I was just gonna replace the band and servo and button it up, put it back in.... but the other day, I had that all done, had new band in, pump reinstalled, ready to put the valve body back in. Went in to eat some dinner, came out to air test "just to be sure" all was as OK as it could be, before putting the VB back in and while I was in the house, got to thinking how all I had touched to that point, looked fine. there had to be something else. So I took it back apart, and pulled the clutches out of the clutch packs. Still didn't see a problem and "since I had them anyways" I decided to put the new piston seals in.

a couple of admissions here on this particular job; 1) for some reason I had more difficulty than I usually do, getting the "forward clutch" piston back into place, with the new seals. A job I have probably done oh, probably 25-30 times over the years (I did say I don't exactly make a living doing trannys, so that may seem low to some of you guys) I FUBAR'd the inner piston seal (isn't it funny how you "know" exactly the moment that happens?) I admit that I probably got a wee bit "rammy" in this instance.

and 2) I no longer have the access to the fixture that I used to have access to, to compress the spring in the Hi-Rev clutch pack so I can pop that snap ring since my dealer-trans-guy buddy moved an hour away... in tranny rebuilds past, it was an easy trip to his garage with clutch pack in hand, to remedy that. and as he had said "I have one, no sense you (me) buying one... just cmon over and use this one". But he has now moved over an hour away into Indiana, so 2+ hours drive time, for a few minute job....

so I ran them down to the local Mr Transmission shop (just the clutch packs) for a hand.... 1st time I have ever had to do that...… luckily they had a "remnant box" for each model/family of trans they work on with "extra" seals to replace my wrecked one.... had to leave them there a couple days as they are just closing things down as I pass by on my own way home from work but for the few bux they hit me for, it was worth it.....

back to 1 more thing... so youre saying, to put the original accumulator "big" spring back in there, not the HD Sonnax one that I bought??? what would I notice (if anything) from how it used to be, (or will be with that stock spring back in place vs that heavy one?) On the units I have been in, since that Cordoba's 727 I mentioned from years ago, I typically have not generally modified much of anything when going thru a trans other than the aforementioned TF-OD shift kit I mentioned in a handful of the... this is going to be the 1st time I have ever replaced things like servos or accumulators, with something besides stock.... I have always replaced seal rings, etc and put the original pieces back in-- except that one Cordoba (again..) but these pieces I put in this one, weren't available back then, either....

and thanks for the help....