Originally Posted by not_a_charger
Picking up pizza for my daughter. Store is locked, and they are meeting customers at the door with their order. As I am walking back to my car, an elderly man walks up. Nice kid working at the pizza place asks him "What is the name on your order, sir?" Old man goes nuts..."I'm here to place my order right now," barking at this poor kid. Kid tells him they can't let anyone in the store, old man yells, "What, my GD money is no good here," and it deteriorates from there. Yelling, cursing, basically throwing the old man version of a toddler's temper tantrum, especially when the kid told him, "I'll get you something to write down your order. That really set the guy off.

Why wouldn't you just order online, or if that's not an option, order by phone? Why leave your house looking for a fight? Why expend the energy it took to act like a raging a-hole? These people who feel the need to assert dominance over service workers, especially during a time like this, are pure trash.

Originally Posted by Alaskan_TA
What is his user name here?

The MO sounds familiar.

It was ME! wink

Originally Posted by Satilite73
He might be trying to leverage control over something since he feels his world is out of control around him (pandemic).

Or he's off his meds and is just bat s*** crazy. Who knows.

I seen the same thing at my Herb shop. Big sign on the door that ONLY online or phone are being filled. You must state your order number at the speaker and only then are you allowed inside. As I was paying for my herb an elderly man (I am 64 and he was much older than me) was pushing the doorbell and pushing.... When they told him to go place an order on line he went totally bonkers, screaming like a Marine when he found out his date had a bigger....... wink

I finished paying and went out and asked him to calm down and say what he wanted to pick up. He said he could not get his smart phone to work. So I logged on to their web page, signed in as a guest and placed an order for 2 ea 3.5 gr of what he wanted. He had to wait 5 more minuets before they called him in.

Retired, US ARMY 1973-1994
ASE mechanic, Electrical 1994-1997
Retired GTE/VERIZON/FRONTIER 1997-2015

Posting cheap tech help (CRAP) here since Nov 97, 1000's of posts, some may be good.

03 Suzuki Burgman 650(Burger King) Scooter
65 Formula S Cuda
78 Little Red Express Truck
98 Buick Regal (wifes car)