yup... COMP 252 and stock 360-2bbl cam almost exact carbon copies of each other.... duration and overlap, etc are identical.... I think the COMP may give you something like 0.015" more lift.... not enough to sweat over but the stock Melling 360 replacement cam is MUCH cheaper.... only without being in the "COMP cams" box.

I put one in an 83 D250 with its original (unrebuilt) 318, but I put a set of EQ heads on it with the Magnum rocker gear.... (your 69 heads had higher compression than the stock 83, 318 heads had so Mag head swap may not be applicable in your case) HUGE difference in that engine.. power and mileage both went UP. I ran a Performer (not "RPM") intake and Carterbrock 600cfm carb... this truck was 727 and 3.55s with 235/85R16s on 8 lug rims.

I also rebuilt a 69 318, and put in a 79 short bed, all stock... but bored 0.030", and a MP cam (at the time they offered the COMP 252 as a "purple shaft" MP part) and I even "chickened out" and went even smaller than a 252 (I think they had a "248" MP cam just below that 252 as well.. I was so afraid of "over camming" back then, wish I knew then what I know now) but even that truck ran freakin great.... A833 OD 4 speed with 3.91s.... I had an Edelbrock "streetmaster 318" intake on there, (it was what I could find at the local swap meet back then) and an identical Carterbrock 600 carb on it as I had on the 83.. when I had the 79, I worked at a dealer, got "employee price" on that cam or any cam I would have wanted out of the MP catalog.

That one got overloaded and USED as a truck (that thing thought it was a 1 ton) and when unloaded I ran it like a slalom toy... especially in town. 4 speed, manual steering and brakes
was the last truck I had (before my current one) that came to me with a /6..... cant believe it was nearly 30 years ago. Had that thing for 6 or 7 years, drove the wheels off of it, often with a dragging bumper (way overloaded esp for the 1/2 ton that it was)