Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
Originally Posted by mopars4ever
found on Tire Rack
"When tires are replaced I in pairs in situations like these, the new tires should always be installed on the rear axle and the partially worn tires moved to the front. New tires on the rear axle help the driver more easily maintain control on wet roads since deeper treaded tires are better at resisting hydroplaning."

So they’re not concerned with HYDRO on the fronts ?? eek

Sounds like a quote from Tire HACK ! tsk nervous

It's counterintuitive, but if 2 tires are rolling and 2 are sliding, the ROLLING tires have more resistance, and the SLIDING tires will go to the front, every time. Remember when ABS was first introduced in trucks, it was rear only. Hydroplaning is just like locked brakes. If the rear tires hydroplane and the fronts keep rolling on any vehicle, it'll swap ends faster than you can react.

That being said, I put the better tires on the front. I've gotten the same recommendation (better tires on the rear) every time I've bought only 2 tires for probably 10 years. It's an industry standard. But 99% of their customers aren't "Car Guys" who don't mind if the rear end gets a little loose occasionally, and the lawyers know it's easier to prevent a lawsuit than win one.